The Baptist Women’s Missionary Union of Nigeria consists of four organizations, each catering to the spiritual, physical, and intellectual needs of women throughout their lives. These organizations are:
- Sunbeam Band (SB): Dedicated to children aged 4-9.
- Girl’s Auxiliary (GA): Focused on girls aged 10-16.
- Lydia Auxiliary: Designed for young adult girls aged 17 until marriage.
- Women’s Missionary Society (WMS): Created for all married women.
The Women’s Missionary Society (WMS) specifically serves married Baptist women of all ages.
Purpose: The WMU’s primary focus is missions, achieved through its purpose of building lives that reflect the spirit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and promoting Christian missions through its organizations and core principles. This purpose is broken down into the following components:
- Participating in private and public prayer
- Conducting regular personal and group Bible study
- Planning strategic and systematic giving
- Engaging in missions through prayer, giving, and active involvement to support the Convention
Aligned with these objectives, the WMS aims to:
- Empower every member for Kingdom growth through in-depth Bible study and prayer
- Instill Christian leadership qualities in members, influencing their roles as good wives, exemplary mothers, and valuable vessels in the church, community, and society
- Support, financially and as mentors, the young people’s organizations (Sunbeam, GA, Lydia). Workers and advisers are chosen from the WMS to mentor these youth groups.
- Cultivate godly women who utilize their personal and material resources to promote the work and growth of the Kingdom on earth
- Prepare women for their eternal place in the Kingdom of God
Watchword: Our watchword is “Labourers together with God” (1 Corinthians 3:9), and our perpetual hymn is “Come, Women Wide Proclaim.”
Colors: Our colors are white, purple, and gold.